HOUSTON — The Texas Rangers today announced several roster moves covering both Monday and Tuesday ahead of tonight’s series opener in Houston:
- Second baseman Rougned Odor placed on 10-day Injured List on August 31, retroactive to August 28, with an eye infection.
- Shortstop Elvis Andrus (#1) activated from 10-day Injured List on August 31.
- Infielder Anderson Tejeda (#71) recalled from Alternate Training Site today.
- Left-handed pitcher Brett Martin (#59) activated from 10-day Injured List today.
- Outfielder Eli White (#76) contract selected from Alternate Training Site today.
- Right-handed pitcher Luke Farrell activated from Injured List today, and he remains on option at the Alternate Training Site.
- Also on August 31, the Rangers added three players to the 60-man Player Pool roster and assigned them to the Alternate Training Site: OF Bubba Thompson, OF Steele Walker, and INF Davis Wendzel.
Odor has not seen game action with Texas since last Monday vs. Oakland, as he was scratched from the lineup on Tuesday with the infection in his right eye. He has batted .150 with 3 home runs and 10 RBI in 22 games for the Rangers this season. Odor also did not play from August 2-6 with right oblique tightness, but did not require an injured list stint.
Andrus was on the 10-day injured list from August 20-30 with a lower back strain. He has batted .184 with 3 RBI in 21 games with Texas this season, last appearing in a game as a pinch runner on August 19 at San Diego. His last start was on August 16 at Colorado. Andrus needs 10 hits to tie Ivan Rodriguez (1747) for second-most in Texas history.
Tejeda will be in his second stint with the Rangers this season, as he went 2-for-7 with one home run and 3 RBI in 3 games with Texas during his first Major League stint from August 2-10. He had a home run, 3 RBI, and a stolen base in his Major League debut on August 6 at Oakland, becoming the ninth Ranger to hit a home run in his Major League debut. His last appearance for Texas came on August 10 vs. Seattle.
Martin was on the 10-day injured list from August 13-31 with left rotator cuff inflammation. He has no record and a 1.93 ERA (1 ER/4.2 IP) in 5 games with Texas this season. The left-hander threw a live batting practice session prior to Sunday’s game against the Dodgers at Globe Life Field.
White will be in uniform for tonight’s series opener in Houston, seeking his Major League debut. He has spent this season at the Alternate Training Site after suffering a left oblique strain in pregame workouts on July 7. White was scratched from the scheduled intrasquad game that day and did not appear the rest of Summer Camp. He reached the Triple-A level for the first time in 2019, hitting a career-high 14 home runs for Nashville while seeing action primarily at shortstop and in center field.
Farrell was on the injured list from August 11-31 and remains on option at the Alternate Training Site. He has no record and a 13.50 ERA (5 ER/3.1 IP) in 3 appearances with Texas this season.
From Rangers PR staff reports